Betrayal's Revenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yard Design

5 posters

Go down

Yard Design Empty Yard Design

Post by Battlecock Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:12 am

The Topic of Yard Design

I would like to start this thread in hopes that people will use this to discuss engineering ideas the do's and donts about making yards here on FB. Its a whole new game and the old rules have little meaning. So this thread is to discuss these new things on what we should or should not be doing with overall designs.
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Yard Design Empty Re: Yard Design

Post by Battlecock Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 am

I would like to start off with an idea. My idea for a new base is going to be a X shape with the bunkers on the far ends of this X, I will keep the ADTs centralized as much as possible without them being in range of eachother for cata shots, and I plan to have the bunkers very far apart. Im not sure if this will work or if there will be enough blocks to do this, but I would like to hear what you guys have to say. It will also have very little pathing, but you all know me and I will find somewhere to place the traps as not to have them wasted. Your thoughts?
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anduin Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 pm

That sounds like the building blocks for a spread yard design, BC. I tend to like those kinds of designs.

One yard designing tip to note here is that the angle of the catapult shot, and the proximity to the center of the catapult shot no longer matter. On Kong it mattered greatly, but not here. You can hit a building with the edge of a pebble bomb and it will do just as much damage as a centered catapult shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prjLX1aBHE

This means that one of the most important things in a good base design is to make sure that players can't catapult a MB + an ADT together. Putting silos inbetween the MBs and ADTs is fairly ineffective here because the players seem to not care if they hit a silo. The only solution is to make sure the MBs and ADTs are so far apart that only one of them can be hit at a time.
Anduin
Anduin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:49 pm

So main thing here is spread, hell I may go back to my old Crucifixion design, I didnt have it long just because it didnt hold up as well as I liked on Kong but then again the only person that tested it was progie... That being said, I will never know if he was honest when he said he didnt cheat.

Yard Design Bdaee10c-b3ea-4e65-915c-4ff176412984_zps0ab12caa

Something like that but I will have to pull the bunkers out, which I can manage a work around for once I have those extra blocks. maybe pull the TH down toward the core a bit more and so on, I see much needed changes, but the overall concept of now what I have in mind will look something like this. Unless I decide to make that X shape after all... who knows.
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenduster Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 pm

That could work well. Two things though. Housing should be protected somewhat here on FB, and placing hatcheries close to the center enables you to hide adts behind them. A trick is to be able to move an adt behind any hatchery, and still have good coverage. Being able to move the adts around, kind of like a "shell game" can confuse and frustrate many attackers. Once you get attacked, simply change locations.

Sevenduster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 am

Sounds like a plan. still gonna be a while before I can make anything worth while though Sad
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Rockin the old Winged Demon V2.0... a bit out dated and probably a bad idea to use for now... but atleast its pretty.
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Im so confused my brain is about to explode Im up to a Th-9 and I dont know what I want to do, I kinda want to make a design like the most of you guys have, and I want to make one I have in my mind by good god we all know its a pain to rebuild and rebuild. Give me some ideas people, Ive made so many original yards its not even funny most of which I never took a screen shot of. Just toss some suggestions, I want them from everyone and I may blend it all into a cluster-fuck of a base idea. As I said to Golco, when it boils down to it, we all know wtf we're doing here NO ONE here is a better base builder than anyone else, so for us all to actually have a sit down and engineer a SuperBase sounds like a good idea. We could call it The SuperBass...xD
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by uflb999 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Well for me I have a fairly effective base. There are, like Anduin (I believe) mentioned, multiple ways to hide an ADT.

Yard Design Br13
As you can see, in front of the mostly useless crap (Chaos Weapons, Lockers, bleh, that crap), they are tall enough to block an ADT if I choose to put one behind there. I probably should, but it ends up ruining my symmetry. But hey, screw symmetry. It's done me pretty well as a jumper, but im currently held back, upgrading TH to level 10.
uflb999
uflb999
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah Im going to 10 right now too, Not sure if I want to start my SuperBass idea, or just leave it alone until I have all my junk, Id hate to make some amazing yard and then have to make changes to it if I manage to get the spurtz cannons. Sadly I HATE how its necessary to protect the housing so much here. But, I do really want to make this base I have locked in my head, its rather amazing and very innovative, I think everyone will like it, and Im willing to take collabs on it if anyone would like to help revising the finished product. I wont say anything else about it until Ive made it though Smile Also, if it is loved as much as I think/hope it will be, ofc everyone will be welcome to share it. But this forum will be the ONLY place its posted, not for outsider eyes.

Last edited by Battlecock on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say something quit asking why I need to edit shit I forget alot of shit.)
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by uflb999 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:10 pm

haha. I think thats a pretty good idea
uflb999
uflb999
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyder Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm starting a yard design right now... Guess we'll see how it goes. Will post pictures as I go
Spyder
Spyder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uflb999 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Haha. Just make sure to surround ADTs with TH's or Silos.
uflb999
uflb999
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyder Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Wait, that's how you design a base? I've always just put my silos on the NEC
Spyder
Spyder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uflb999 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Well. Judging by how half of em Catapult ADTs first, by moving ADTs near silos and the TH, they risk hitting that. Even though half of them dont give a crap, the ADTs if surrounded also can take down Zafs if surrounded, since other monsters will be busy with Silos.
uflb999
uflb999
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Ok I feel I have failed everyone, I gave this so much hype, but when it came down to it, the base I had in mind did not work, I needed far too many extra blocks. Was kinda gonna be like a 3 sided star like thing with blades on the stars wings, only way I can begin to describe it...woulda been epic. BUT it didnt work so I made a variant of my old MegaChip, Im not sure I like it but I do not feel like fooling around with it anymore and this is what I came up with, dont give me too hard a time.

Yard Design C050404d-49bf-45f1-b039-af06cb412c2c_zps3937a059
also my workers are busy and Im missing over half my traps, so I just colored in where they will go Smile

Last edited by Battlecock on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed a small img/code)
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Also I would like to add, later once I upgrade my Hatcheries I plan on pulling my bunkers slightly out and hiding them behind them, will still have the symmetry and a better spread on them, but for now this will have to work to keep my OCD in check. Let me know what you guys think.

NOTE: This is not the SuperBase I was talking about.

I also may pull the side blocks on the champ cage away and use them somewhere else since it really isnt needed considering the CC is a big block its self, once everything is done may have Andy or Golco come give it a small test just to make sure there are no chews in vital areas.
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenduster Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Monstroe top bunkers, Cata bottom. Pepper a few Daves on the Northern half of the base, then KW from NE and NW sides, once adts go down Fomor and heal. Done. Good base though BC.

Sevenduster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uflb999 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Seven can you take a look at mine here it is:
Yard Design Needer10
This is the current one I'm testing (not complete quite yet), however, my second one is also included:
Yard Design Br14
uflb999
uflb999
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecock Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Sevenduster wrote:Monstroe top bunkers, Cata bottom. Pepper a few Daves on the Northern half of the base, then KW from NE and NW sides, once adts go down Fomor and heal. Done. Good base though BC.

Like I said... its not something Im proud of, but its gonna have to do until I can figure out how to make the one base work, gonna take some tricky engineering.
Battlecock
Battlecock
BR Member
BR Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down